French Scrambled Eggs
French Scrambled Eggs with Truffle Oil
Bring your friends and that special someone into your kitchen and whip up these luxuriously creamy scrambled eggs. This recipe is designed to serve 6.
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mineral water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold (cut into small pieces)
- fresh ground pepper
- sea salt
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 6 brioche bread, warmed or 12 slices brioche bread, toasted.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and water;.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large stainless steel bowl set over a pot of simmering water; Add the eggs and cook over low heat, gently stirring with a heatproof rubber spatula and scraping the bottom of the bowl until the eggs just begin to set, about 5 minutes;.
- Add the remaining butter to the eggs, 1 piece at a time, and cook, stirring and scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl, until the eggs are thick and cooked through but still soft, about 5 minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper; transfer to plates.
- Drizzle with the truffle oil, sprinkle with the chives and serve at once with the brioche.
Leave a comment