- Basic olive oil or grape seed oil work best.
- Clean and dry the fresh truffle.
- Slice very thinly and transfer to a glass storage jar. Cover the truffle with olive oil taking care not to totally drown in too much oil.
- Allow the truffle to infuse for several hours.
- Black truffles infuse really well and the oil will take on its distinctive character very quickly.
It is advisable to store the oil in the fridge if not used within 6 days. To fully appreciate its flavours, sautée potatoes and drizzle with truffle oil before serving.