- Basic olive oil or grape seed oil work best.
- Clean and dry the fresh truffle.
- Slice very thinly and transfer to a glass storage jar. Cover the truffle with olive oil taking care not to totally drown in too much oil.
- Allow the truffle to infuse for several hours.
- Black truffles infuse really well and the oil will take on its distinctive character very quickly.
It is advisable to store the oil in the fridge if not used within 6 days. To fully appreciate its flavours, sautée potatoes and drizzle with truffle oil before serving.
Bring your friends and that special someone into your kitchen and whip up these luxuriously creamy scrambled eggs. This recipe is designed to serve 6.